Research activities and expertise
- Interactions between residential mobility, daily mobility and urban form
- Residential behaviors and satisfaction of households
- Socio-spatial inequalities (accessibility, housing, health), vulnerability of territories
- Multi-agent modeling and simulation
Keywords: Geography; Planning; Mobilities; Residential satisfaction; Socio-spatial inequalities; Spatial analysis; GIS; Data processing ; Modeling; Simulation; Multi-agents; Scenarios; Decision support
- 2022-2024 - CartoVélo (IdEx Université et Cité - Participatory research and science) - Participatory diagnosis of the cycling environment in Strasbourg. Coordination: Olivier Finance and Joanne Hirtzel.
- 2021-2014 - JUSTICE (Era-Net Urban Accessibility and Connectivity) - Joining Urban morphology, SpatioTemporal and socio-cognitive accessibility to enhance Inclusive City Environment. Coordination: Alexis Conesa.
- 2021-2023 - Pertu'Urb (IdEx Attractiveness) - Spatiotemporal analysis of socioeconomic vulnerabilities: medium-sized cities facing environmental disturbances. Coordination: Kenji Fujiki.
- 2018-2021 - SUMO-Rhine (Interreg Project) (Sustainable mobility in the Upper Rhine region). Coordination: KIT (Karlsrhue)
- 2018-2021 - Local Environmental Health Observatory: Identifying, Quantifying and Reducing Social and Environmental Inequalities in Newborn Health (IResP). Coordination: Wahida Kihal
- 2014 to 2017 - PERITHEL (Ademe MODEVAL) (Urban forms, transport, habitat, energy, environment, locations: a prospective assessment). Coordination: C. Raux (Laboratoire Aménagement Economie Transports, Lyon)
- 2012 to 2015 - CEUP (ODIT, FEDER) (Construction of Urban and Peri-urban Spaces). Coordination: C. Tannier (ThéMA)
- 2012 to 2014 - VilmodES (PREDIT) (Sustainable cities and mobilities, Evaluation by simulation). Coordination: J.-P. Antoni (ThéMA)
- 2010 to 2012 - MobiSim (PREDIT) (Simulation of Mobilities). Coordination : J.-P. Antoni (ThéMA)
- 2007 to 2012 - ECDESUP (ANR) (Evaluation, Choice and Decision in the use of Urban and Periurban Spaces). Coordination: P. Frankhauser (ThéMA)
- Since 2019: Educational manager of the third year of the Geography degree in the Faculty of Geography and Planning
- Since 2017-2020: Organization of the LIVE seminars and referent for the organization of the Fête de la Science
- Since 2016 : Teacher-researcher in Geography and Planning - Faculty of Geography and Planning - University of Strasbourg
Since 2016 - University of Strasbourg
- Bachelor: human and regional geography, analysis of topographic maps, environment and management territory, tutored projects, field workshop (Prague) in L3
- Master: residential mobility, spatialized databases, simulation of environmental processes, environment and mobility behavior
- Supervision of Master's projects and internships (1 and 2)
2010 – 2015 - University of Franche-Comté (Besançon)
- Bachelor: demography, analysis of topographic maps, automatic cartography, sustainable territories
- Master: introduction to spatial modelling, modeling of residential mobility
- 2016: CNU qualification in section 23 (geography) and 24 (spatial planning and urban planning)
- 2015: Doctorate in Geography, University of Franche-Comté, Laboratoire ThéMA UMR CNRS 6049. Title of the thesis "Prospective exploration of residential mobility in an urban agglomeration using a multi-agent simulation model (MobiSim)", directed by C. Tannier & P. Frakhauser.
- 2010: Master IT – ISA in Geography and Planning, University of Franche-Comté.
- Territorial intelligence - Spatial information and planning - Mention très bien
- 2008: Degree in Geography, University of Franche-Comté.
- 2006: Degree in History, University of Franche-Comté
Publications and communications
Research articles in refereed journals
- Hirtzel J., 2017. Parameterization of an individual-centered simulation model of residential mobility: challenges, approach and results, Cybergeo: European Journal of Geography [Online], Systems, Modeling, Geostatistics, document 834. URL: http: //journals.openedition.org/cybergeo/28801; DOI: 10.4000/cybergeo.28801
- Tannier C., Hirtzel J., Stephenson R., Couillet A., Vuidel G., Youssoufi S., 2015. Conception and use of an individual-based model of residential choice in a planning decision process. Feedback from an experimental trial in the city of Besançon, France. Progress in Planning, DOI: 10.1016/j.progress.2015.04.001
- Antoni J.-P., Hirtzel J., Joannes P., 2011, CWS, Cellular World Simulation - A prospective simulation model of spatial dynamics and urban sprawl, in J.-P. Antoni (Ed) Modéliser la city. Urban form and transport policies, Economica, Coll. Methods and approaches, pp. 284-306
- Antoni J.-P., Tannier C., Vuidel G., Hirtzel J., 2011, MobiSim, Final scientific report, PREDIT, Ministry of Sustainable Development, 170 p.